Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26th - Two years since diagnosis!

Today marks Jen's two year anniversary since diagnosis.  This is a day that only 17% of glioblastoma patients even reach.  When she was first diagnosed the doctors didn't give me much confidence that Jen would still be alive today.  In fact I was told she probably had about a year.  But the doctors didn't know Jen!  I don't believe that Jen is still doing so well because of luck.  I believe it's due to her hard work, determination, and the sacrifices she has chosen to make.
 
Next Wednesday is Jen's Birthday and on Thursday she has her next scan.  I can't think of a better gift for her and I  than another good scan.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for next week.

As some of you know,  I had surgery this week to remove my gallbladder.  I am doing well and I appreciate the extra support to make sure Jen was taken care of.  Thanks especially to Matt and Jen (a friend who not only shares Jen's name, but also the same birthday next week).  Thank you both!

Meanwhile,  after waiting for a year, the FDA finally approved the second generation of the Optune device Jen has been using since December 2014.  This has been a wonderful improvement over the first generation.  It is less than half the weight and half the size.  So much less of a burden.  Once I recover from my surgery we are looking forward to hiking with the new device.
 
Jen getting trained on the new device.

Jen wearing the new lighter device.
And we also managed to take in two concerts at the Greek Theatre.  We saw Ryan Adams  (one of Jen's favorite singer/songwriters) and the Alabama Shakes (one of her favorite newer artists).  We had a great time together at both shows.
 
Ryan Adams - NOT Bryan Adams

Our first shows at the Greek in several years.
 
Alabama Shakes - man can she sing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment