Saturday, January 9, 2016

Resolve

Happy new year!  New year; fresh start.
 
As you can see from Randy's post below, my first scan of the year was yet again stable! And that was aided only by my ketogenic diet, and the novocure device. There may be remnants of last November's 12th chemo cycle, but only that--remnants. I get my next scan in 6 weeks.
 
I never make New Year's resolutions, except for the one I made last year; which, was to fight this cancer with everything I had in me. And while I stayed stable all year, I found myself getting lazy. I was not fighting with all I had. My scans were stable, and I began to feel relaxed, and complacent. Which is an arrogant place to be when you have one of the most aggressive types of cancer possible. I am LUCKY to have lived this long with this horrible disease, and it is certain that I intend to keep going.
 
This year my resolve is to continue that fight, with even more vigor. This is where the rubber hits the road, and I know it. I begin this year without the aid of chemo.
 
This year, I resolve to really listen to what my body is telling me to do. To be active EVERY day, whether that means a little gardening, or a lot, to do my prescriptive exercises as assigned by my therapists. To give myself the rest that my body needs, both physically and mentally, do more research, to keep measuring my food exactly, and stay on the novocure. My own immune system is in charge, and I will see where it takes me.
 
Thank you all who have helped me and Randy through all of this, either with meals, or rides, support emotionally, financially, or with your prayers, good vibes, and LOVE. We are so blessed to have you all.
 
Wish me well as I embark on this journey called 2016!

1 comment: